SHROPSHIRE GUNDOG SOCIETY http://www.shropshiregundogs.co.uk
Data Protection Statement
Available as a word document here: >>> Data Protection Statement
The Shropshire Gundog Society (going forward will be referred to as SGS) is committed to protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy. To comply with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we must tell you what personal data we hold about you, why we hold it and how it will be used. We must also have your permission to retain your personal details and undertake to delete them if requested by you.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation [the GDPR], the data controller is the Shropshire Gundog Society. We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Please check back regularly to see any updates or changes to this Notice.
SGS Data Protection Principles
Any data we hold will be used only for purposes directly related to the activities and effective administration of the SGS and will not be provided to any other person, organisation or business for any other purposes, except where required by law or ensuring compliance with Kennel Club Rules and Regulations. The SGS will comply with data protection law. Any personal information we hold about you will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
- Collected only for valid purposes (as explained below) and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
- Relevant to the purposes we have explained and limited only to those purposes;
- Accurate and kept up to date;
- Kept securely;
- Kept only for as long as necessary, for the purposes we have told you about, and in accordance with our data retention policy (see below).
Your rights as a data subject
The General Data Protection Regulation provides the following rights:
- The right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you;
- The right to request restriction of processing about you;
- The right to data portability.
Personal Data Held by the SGS
We process personal data about members, judges, stewards and exhibitors/competitors to our events. For the efficient running of the SGS we need to keep a record of:
- Your name;
- Your address;
Your breed of dog;
- Your home and/or mobile telephone number(s);
- Your email address;
- Your SGS membership category: (Single/Joint, Honorary, Life);
- Your current or most recent year of SGS membership;
- If you have a repeat standing order for membership payments (we do not keep details of your bank account).
NOTE You are not obliged to provide the personal data in question. However, if you do not provide the personal data, we will be unable to perform any contract we have with you for the provision of membership services, newsletter mail outs, event dates or schedules.
SGS Use of Personal Data
The SGS will generally process your personal data in providing membership services and organising events. We may also use personal information for additional relevant and related purposes where you might reasonably expect us to do so, where this is not outweighed by your own interests, fundamental rights or freedoms. This may include:
- Maintaining our records and other administrative purposes, including updating your details and preferences;
- Contacting you with relevant information (e.g. newsletters and show schedules) by mail, telephone or email;
- Publication of your name and dogs name in SGS show/event catalogues;
- Publication of show/event results on the SGS website, Facebook page or other SGS publications;
- Communications related to membership status;
- Assistance with upholding our Society objectives and taking action in cases where there may be a breach of the SGS Rules or Codes of Ethics;
- Assistance in ensuring compliance with Kennel Club Rules and Regulations;
- Assistance with queries, complaints and dispute resolution.
You may request to see all the personal data we hold on you (we are allowed 30 days to provide it).
We only keep your data for the reasons outlined above. We undertake to delete your personal data, or withhold it from publication, if you request us to do so in writing.
SGS Disclosure of Personal Data to Other Third Parties
The SGS may use service providers to help us provide you with our services. Personal data may be transferred to such service providers, who act for or on our behalf, for further processing in accordance with the purpose(s) for which the data was originally collected or may otherwise be lawfully processed. This may include:
- Production of SGS show/event catalogues;
- Other SGS publications such as the newsletter.
In addition, we disclose data to the following outsourced data processors:
Kennel Club records
The Kennel Club will hold the personal data of officers of the Club/Society as a part of the implementation of Kennel Club Rules and Regulations.
We provide the Kennel Club with details of the SGS officers and committee members in order to meet requirements in the Kennel Club Rules and Regulations.
Such third parties have contracted with us as data processors under the requirements in the GDPR. They are contractually bound to only use personal data for the agreed purpose(s). Relevant persons working for these third parties will have access to your personal data under the terms of the data processor contract, but only to the extent necessary to perform their services for us.
SGS Data Retention Policy
The SGS will only retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Personal data may be further processed and stored for archiving in the interests of statistical and historical purposes. When doing so, we will consider any link to the initial purpose, the context the data was collected in, the reasonable expectations of members, the nature of the data, the consequences of further processing and the existence of appropriate safeguards.
Old membership lists and other electronically held data may have some historical value and/or statistical value. The SGS will consider how long is practically useful.
Data Protection Contact
Please contact the SGS Secretary if you have any questions or concerns about personal data and privacy matters.
Grace Brown, Hon. Secretary Tel 01939 291191 Last updated 25th May 2018